This item has been discontinued and is no longer available.
The Ovation System is a No Phone Bill unit that connects directly into each residence´s telephone line and uses those lines to provide communication between the visitor entry and the tenant, resulting in no monthly or per-call charges.
Since the Ovation system generates its own line and ring voltage, the tenant is not required to have phone service for guests to contact them using this system. For extra security in high-risk areas, an optional lobby panel controller was developed to function with the "VP" (vandal-resistant lobby panel) and replaces the standard phone in the lobby. This "VP" lobby panel is specifically designed to repel harsh vandalism attempts with a faceplate that is made from rugged 316 stainless steel, 8-gauge thick, and can be secured to the backbox by heavy-duty security screws.
- Individual Entry Codes Each resident, or any other authorized person, may
be issued a unique 4-digit code that provides keyless
entry into the building. The Ovation has a 3,000
entry code capacity.
- Variable Directory Code Lengths The Ovation Series can be set for directory code
lengths of 1 to 5 digits, with 5 digits as the system’s
default. With no additional programming, the Ovation
system references tenants based on the line address
(LIB number plus line number), but directory codes
can be customized to match apartment or suite
numbers if desired. Once a code length has been
chosen it will become the new default for all codes
in the system.
- Multiple Call Locations Up to 4 Ovation units can be linked, utilizing a
multiple unit interface (MUI) board, to support
multiple visitor entrances to a property. Only the
entry point from which the call is placed will be
unlocked when the resident grants access.
- Distinctive Ringing Provides a unique double ring on the resident’s
telephone to distinguish between a standard call
and an access request call.
- Call Waiting Enables a person to answer a call from the gate or
door while in the middle of another outside call.
Similarly, if a call from the access point is in progress
and an outside call rings, the resident can switch
over to take the outside call and then return back to
the original call.
- Programmable Talk Time The time allotted for a visitor and tenant to talk is
adjustable from 15 to 255 seconds.
- Programming Display A 7-segment LED display is included with the “V”
and “S” models and is viewable from the outside of
the enclosure. This will assist with the programming
of the unit’s entry codes and can show error codes if
input is incorrect.
- Two Controllable Relays This provides control of a main entrance plus any
other auxiliary device or alarm shunt.
- Programmable Relay Times The 2 relays can also be programmed to activate for
a predetermined time from 1 to 99 seconds to allow
- Manager Lines This feature allows programming of designated
phone lines, up to 11 digits, that directly access
the door/gate control functions. This line or lines
can be accessed during an alarm condition to place
a notification call and are utilized for remote
programming and remote diagnostics.
- Remote Programming When utilizing one of the programmed manager lines,
the building manager can program the Ovation or
activate relays from any remote location using a
- Tone/Pulse Dialing Each system can be site-configured to respond to
either DTMF or rotary output from the tenant’s phone.
- Strikes and Outs This feature lets you specify the number of wrong
entry codes that can be entered consecutively before
the Ovation stops accepting codes for a 3-minute
period. The system can be set from 1 to 9 attempts
accepted before ignoring any further attempts.
- Non-Volatile Memory In the event power is removed from the unit,
the database information is retained in memory,
ensuring immediate start-up and operation when
power is restored.
- Postal Lock Provision Ovation units support a switch kit that integrates
with a U.S. Postal Service Lock. This allows postal
carriers entry to a controlled area using a U.S. Postal
Service Key. The postal lock is proprietary to the
U.S. Postal Service and is acquired through them.
- Enclosure Styles The Ovation Series comes in three models: the “S,”
“V” and “VP.” The “S” model uses a standard
stainless steel faceplate with a keypad and assumes
an external directory exists. The “V” model
incorporates a lighted paper directory insert
enclosure that holds a paper insert supporting 125
names. The “VP” model is ideal for buildings that
employ a doorman to contact the tenants via a
standard telephone in the lobby. It utilizes the “LP”
controller panel to function. This “LP” is not visible
and is normally installed in the phone room.
- NPBI Support The unique abilities of an Ovation system to
operate independent of an outside telephone line,
minimizing operating cost and allowing system use
by tenants without phone service, can be integrated
with the Infinity and Horizon telephone entry
systems by making use of the No Phone Bill Interface
- Directory Module This module supports 125 names and is lighted for
easy visibility day or night. It is also constructed of
the same durable materials as the Ovation systems
to ensure long life.
- Ovation “S” –
12.5" H x 8.5" W x 3.8" D
- Ovation “S” Flush Mount –
12.75" H x 8.75" W x 2.5" D
- Ovation “V” –
12.5" H x 16.5" W x 3.8" D
- Ovation “V” Flush Mount –
12.5" H x 16.5" W x 2.75" D
- Ovation “VP” –
8.75" H x 6" W x 3" D
- Ovation “LP” –
23" H x 14" W x 2.75" D
- One Year
(extended warranties available)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT
- Ovation “S”: 16 lbs.
- Ovation “V”: 20 lbs.
- Ovation “VP”: 30 lbs.