Elite lighted keypad with LED indicators in the locked housing.
The Elite Keypad
The EKP-485 is a heavy duty keypad that features visual LED status, audible feedback, and lighted keys. Ideal for remote access control using keycodes, it can be used for pedestrian entry as well as drive-up applications. The EKP-485 Elite Keypad is constructed with the highest quality materials to offer the logest life and most reliable operation. Materials such as stainless steel keys (the same keys used on public telephones), rugged stainless steel box, and powder coat finishing, make the keypad durable for outdoor as well as indoor applications. Every keypad is tested before shipping to assure 100% satisfaction.
(wiring diagram on page 2 of manual)
- Connect 12VAC/20VA Transformer to power input. (It is recommended that a separate Transformer, not the phone system Transformer, be used to power the slave devices. Maximum distance from power to device should not exceed 300 feet, using 18 gauge wire.)
- Use Strike Relay as gate or door relay, strike time is set using the phone processor. Connect Strike Relay to gate operator or magnetic lock.
- Connect RS485 terminals (-,+, GND) to corresponding (-,+,GND) on previous device or pin wires of processor, whichever applies.
- Turn "ON" Terminator Switch ONLY for last slave device installed on RS485 line.
- Set Device ID Number and then power up the device. (The device must be unplugged (powered down) to change ID number.)
- RS-485 Keypad is not a stand alone device. It must be connected to an Elite Entry Phone system for operation.