The Weigand Output Receiver allows you to add transmitters to virtually any access control application by providing a 26, 30 or 31 bit Wiegand output to the host access control system upon receipt of a signal from the transmitter. Read range is field adjustable between 3 feet to over 500 feet.
Any existing access control system can be equipped with radio-based proximity sensing, by the simple addition of Linear’s Radio Reader (Model AM-WOR). Keyless entry, handicapped access, and emergency alert functions are easy to achieve with this wireless control technology.
With a read range of up to 500 feet, Linear transmitters facilitate handicapped access far more than close proximity or contact devices. For adding security at sites such as college campuses and parking garages, multichannel models allow access control and “panic button” functions to be combined in a single device.
The AM-WOR uses a Wiegand output format (26, 30, and 31-bit supported) that interfaces to virtually any commercial access control panel. Long-range transmitters can be added as easily as Wiegand cards, and without software changes. Facility and ID codes can be matched to system requirements.
The 500-foot range of the AM-WOR is made possible by superheterodyne receiver technology. It is supplied with a local whip antenna that screws directly onto the receiver’s top connector. Two remote antennas are also available: the directional EXA-2000 or the omnidirectional EXA-1000, both of which were to the receiver’s antenna connector with type RG-59 cable. An integral gain control is included to limit the maximum radio range that the AM-WOR can achieve.
A two-color LED acts as a status display. It lights red when the receiver is getting dc power from the system controller and turns green when access is granted to a transmitter. The radio LED lights when the receiver detects a transmission and can be used for troubleshooting and verifying system performance. Receiver test points are provided for listening to incoming signals.
The AM-WOR is housed in a weather-resistant enclosure, so it can be mounted outdoors or inside. Gaskets and a weather-tight stain relief seal the unit from the elements.
- Easy way to equip existing installations with radio transmitter access.
- Keyless entry offers user convenience, safety, and security for triggering gates, barrier arms, and doors.
- Ideal way to facilitate handicapped access.
- Multi-button transmitters can double as personal emergency devices for triggering security alarms.
- RF input/Wiegand output receiver supports 26, 30, and 31-bit data formats.
- Wide selection of MegaCode (over 1 million codes) format transmitters, with available block coding.
- Field adjustable read range - from 5 to 500 feet.
- Connects as easily as card readers; transmitters are added like cards, with no software changes required.
- Facility and ID codes tailored to system requirements.
- Weather-resistant case for mounting outdoors or in.
- Product Number: ACP00727